Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So excited to be a big brother!

We had such fun yesterday, when my good friend Sheree let us babysit her new little girl Elle. Austin was so fascinated with her. He would sit right next to me when I was holding Elle and he would talk to her and kiss her. He also wanted to try to feed her, and he loved doing that. I could tell he was really excited to have a new baby in our home.
He would smile and then all of a sudden look sad and say "Mommy, baby Elle is alive and our baby is not. But I still love our baby Sharyn. But I like to play with baby Elle too." I thought that he was so sweat, that he loved and missed his baby sister, and still was happy to play with Elle.
It was so funny to she him try to play with the baby. He went and got a tiny car to put in her hand and when she did not take it he said "Let me show you how to play with it." And he preceded to show her how to drive the car around and make car noises. LOL! It was so dang cute. Then I suggested that he get a baby toy that plays music, and he sat down by her and would pule the string so the music would play. You could tell she really liked it and Austin was so proud of him self that he made her happy.
I can't wait to see him with his new little sister, and how he will take great care of her and cherish her.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

What a cute little guy! I loved chatting with you and all the gals last night...you are a beautiful person and you have so much love to share with others. Your family is too precious for words, and I just can't wait to meet it's newest member in Novemeber...keep me updated!

Jason+Lindi said...

So sweet! How are you doing/feeling? I really am excited for our party this summer, do you think it will ever stop raining so we can have it? I am waiting for the invite! :)

Amber said...

Austin is such an amazing boy. He has a great perception of this world. He will be a wonderful big brother. I still remember when I brought over Josh and he said, "Can we keep this one." It jsut tore at my heart. He is so sweet and great with babies.

chadnsue said...

You look so happy. Rylie is having a girl also, after 1 hour of trying to get the bby to open its legs they finally found out. We are all thrilled. I will be in Utah in July and also all of us in Sept. as my daughter is getting married. Hope yo call you. Love Sue