Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's Great to be 8!

Noah turns 8 tomorrow, and I can't believe it. He is my little guy, and I don't want him to ever grow up. He is so sweet and loving, its hard to see him get so big.
He loves everything Starwars and would love to be a jedi. He also wants to be a spy when he grows up, or he wants to be a brake dancer. So in other words he wants to be a break dancing spy. He also loves everything that has to do with sharks and stingrays. He will read every book he can find on them. 2 years ago we went to Sea World and he asked the pore lady at the stingray exhibit, every thing he could think of about stingrays. One of his favorite things he loves to ask people is "Stingrays are slimy, do you know why? Because they have boogers all over there bodies." It is so fun to see him get so exited about learning.
We always do a great big party for our kids 8th birthday, because it is such a special birthday. But since his birthday is on the 24th of July, it makes it hard to have Friend's over, so we had his big party on Sat the 18th. We had such a blast! He invited lots of boys over for a fun swim party at Grandma Louise's house. The theme of the party was sharks and stingrays. (Surprise! Surprise!) It took lots of looking to find shark decorations but it turned out just perfect.
We had a shark pinata


I want to thank all the boys that came and for the wonderful gifts they brought.

Now on to our Noah and his baptism. He is so exited to be baptized next week. I would have to say that I couldn't be more proud of him. He had his Bishop interview a few weeks ago and when he came out of his office he was beaming. He was caring his white outfit and was so exited to try it on when we got home. It was so cute. I asked him if he knew what being baptized meant and he told me that "It is fallowing Jesus and making good choices." He also said that "He would be perfect." I think he thought that was pretty cool. I also asked him what dose being conformed mean. "It means that I will have the holy Ghost. And he is Jesus's helper." I loved his answers they were so simple but sweet. He is such a wonderful son and I love him so much. when I think about him being baptized it makes me cry. I am so proud of him and his choices and can't wait for that day.
Noah, you are so special, and loving. You make me laugh, with your funny story's and interesting ways to look at life. You make our family so much more fun, with your smile and laughter and you are such a great brother and son. I am so proud of you and can't wait for you to be 8! I love you very much.

4 comments:

Boualay said...

Happy Birthday, Noah! The party looked "cool!"

The Valsy said...

Dear Winterbottoms
We just got our lives together sort of from the UK trip, and were most certainly surprised Daniel at your voice mail that we got. "And Aubrey was her name...a not so ordinary girl or name..." We love it. I hope that your Aubrey is as cool as ours is...
Congrats (everyone will say "Audrey?" Call her "Aubs")
Love
The Anderson Family

miss patti said...

Hi Sheila. It's been a really long time since I have seen you. So I hope this doesn't creep you out to know that I was reading your blog. I saw your link on Missy's blog and wanted to see how you were doing. I ended up reading for a really long time because I saw just enough to realize that you had been through a really difficult experience. So I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you lost your sweet baby girl. Whether or not we are still family, I still really care about all of you. I'm sorry I didn't know about this sooner. I will keep you in my prayers. Love, Patti (Missy, Kimmy, and Jani's mom)

cakemom10 said...

It's wonderful to see your beautiful family. Sorry I missed the blessing day. Love Kelly