Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm so proud of her!

Ryanne is such a good girl. I am so proud of her.
She always thinking of others and has been so excited to donate her hair to the Locks of Love foundation for awhile now. Locks of Love is an organization that collects hair that is at least 10 in long and has not been bleached, for girls that have gone through chemotherapy and have lost there hair or girls that have a condition that they don't grow there own hair, L.O.L. makes wigs for them out of real hair. Ryanne was inspired to donate her hair about 2 years ago when her aunt Kathy donated her hair to locks of love, and Ryanne wanted to know more. So she researched the organization and was so inspired by them that she wanted to do the same. She would ask me all of the time if she could cut her hair and give it to L.O.L. so they could make a wig for another little girl. Finally my mom and Sharon took her to get it cut. She was so excited when she got a thank you letter in the mail from L.O.L. so she decided then, she was going to do it again. She has been growing her hair out to donate it ever since and yesterday was the big day. She could hardly stand it she was so excited to do it again. We were able to donate about 11 1/2 inc. and she could not be happier.


As soon as her hair was cut she said "I'm growing it out again, so as soon as it is long enough I am donating it. I can't wait!" I am so proud of her and her caring for others. I think she did a great thing and I know that another little girl will love there new hair. I love you so much Ryanne and am so proud of you. Love Mom

5 comments:

Justin Glennon said...

That is so awesome of her!! Let her know that we are very proud of her too. She is doing something that is going to mean so much to another little girl! It is great that someone young like her cares and thinks of others like that. Way to go!! -And her new haircut is very cute!! We'll be coming out in June so we'll see you guys then.

April said...

What a great thing to do. And the new hair cut is darling. Wow what a little women. I hope things are well, oh and your baby is so stinkin' cute. I still need to come by I am horrible.

The Valsy said...

That is super fantastic!!!

Natalie said...

That is so neat...I've always wanted to do that, but can't seem to get my hair long enough :) I love the new hair cut too...it looks so cute on her!
We need to get together soon so Brooklyn and Ambree can "play" and their mommies can talk and catch up.

Emily Salmond said...

We love Ryanne so much. She sort of feels like my own little girl. So when she does things like this, I want to hug her, kiss her, tell her how sweet I knew she always was. Kiss your kids for me. - Emily