Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What am I suppose to learn from all of this?

"What am I suppose to learn from all of this?" This is my new question that I ask Heavenly Father these days. Not that I don't trust him, but what am I suppose to be learning from all that is happening lately.
"Why you ask?" "Why am I asking these questions?" Well this pregnancy has been a crazy roller coaster and also my life has been as well. These past few months have been so so uncomfortable. We have made some scary, but great changes in our living situation, and that has me all kinds of uncomfortable. We have recently bought our home, that we have been sharing with my sister Sharon. That sounds like a good thing right? Well it is a great thing but we were just not quite ready to take on the house payments all on our own. We still needed a few years to get some bills paid off. But Sharon has been out of work for a long time and has gone back to school. She just doesn't have the money anymore to stay here with us, so she is moving home. We had two choices, refinance our home or sell it. We were able to refinance it so it is now in our budget. Great! right? well it is great but now we have to put the stars in and take the kitchen out in the basement so we can make room for the boys to be downstairs and all this has to be done before the new baby comes, which is stressing me out. Like I don't have enough to stress about. I am looking forward to having the house to our selves, but I also am going to miss Sharon around and all she does to help our family out. We will miss you lots and lots Sharon!
Now on to this pregnancy. I can't tell you how I am such a basket case with this pregnancy. First I found out we were pregnant again. Which was wonderful and scary news. It was such a miracle, because with all my other children we had to have help or tried for several years. And this baby came as a surprise. Then in just the first few months I started bleeding. That was so scary! I thought "I can't do this again". Every thing ended up OK but it put me in a tense mood with this baby. I had such mixed emotions. If this baby was a boy, I was going to be so mad. Not that I would not love another boy, but that I didn't have a baby girl for Ryanne. She was so exited to have a baby sister and to not have one was so sad. Than we found out that we were having a little girl. And my emotions went crazy again. What! A girl! I was shocked I was convinced that I was having a boy. Now I was even more terrified. NO! I was not going to get attached to this baby until she was here. Ya right! I love this little girl so much already. So everyone was asking what are you going to name her? I did not want to name her yet, because than I would love her even more. But my kids would talk about her all of the time and wanted to know what to call her. Finely Dan and I decided. Her name is "Ambree Sheila Winterbottom" actually it felt so good to finely giver her a name. She deserves having us name her and for us to be existed for her.
Now she has a name and we love her so much, what am I going to do if something goes wrong? So about a week ago I find out that I have Gestational Diabetes. Great! Isn't this pregnancy hard enough? I am only 26 weeks and I already fill like I am 35 weeks along. My hips hurt and I can't sleep at night. What am I going to do now? So they gave me a new diet to fallow (Which has not been that bad) and all seems to be going well, until I notice that Baby Ambree is not moving as much as she has been before. Do I call the doc. and bug him? Am I just being paranoid? So I decide to call the doc. just to make sure everything is going OK. And everything is going just fine. The baby is just under detox (I guess that is how you would describe it) She has had lots of sugar because of my diabetes, so she is just coming off of all of that. She is just a little sleepy lately. Today I finely fill her moving a lot more than I have in awhile, so that makes me fill a hole lot better.
Any way basically I am a nervous wreck all the time and can't really seem to enjoy this pregnancy at all. I just want Ambree here so bad I can hardly stand it and it tortures me to think I have 2 months to go. I hope I can be strong (Well I know that I can be strong, maybe just not happy about it) I just need to thank Heavenly Father for the blessings that I have, and ask again "What am I suppose to learn from all of this so it dose not happen again". Maybe it is to be patient, and maybe it is to trust in Him. What ever it is, I hope I learn it fast so that I can be sane again. I am ready to be back to normal.
Sorry about the venting just needed to get it out.

3 comments:

April said...

Oh Shelia, how scary? I am so sorry about the GD, I hope that everything goes well. I'm sure they'll keep a close eye on you. How scary that with the GD that they move slower, not what you need. Just go with your instinct and go to the Dr when you need to. Let me know if you need anything. I am excited that other than that things are going well. Money sucks, I know but you will love having the house and all the room, but I'm sure you'll miss Sharon. Let me know if you need anything. Oh and the name is so beautiful, can't wait to see her.

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Everyone needs to vent. You have dealt with so much in the last year. Call your doctor whenever you feel like it is necessary (that's why they get paid the big bucks right?). I think Ambree is a beautiful name. Good luck with the next few months. I have missed seeing you are church.

Rylie said...

What a beautiful name! I am sorry about the GD. I know exactly how you are feeling with all the different emotions. I just can't wait for our babies to get here safely. Hang in there!