Friday, February 6, 2009

How thoughtful!

I was surprised yesterday by a little note left on my front door. Jimmy's floral left a note saying they had dropped by with a delivery for me. I thought "Who would give me flowers?" So I jumped in the car to go get them. I walked in the flower shop and there were several customers in the store. I showed the front desk lady my slip and she said "Are you Sheila?" Of course I said yes. And she smiled and said "Aw! Your the one with the big one" Of course I was confused buy her comment. She hurried to the back and came back with these beautiful flowers. WOW! they were incredible. Who were they from? Of course I snatched them up and felt shocked. When I got out to the car I looked at the card. It was from my wonderful aunt Kathy. (She was the one that I thought of when I realized that I had lost baby Sharyn. She had lost her baby the same way I had lost Sharyn, about 20 years ago). I started to tear up. How thoughtful, and beautiful.
(Kathy and her family live in Colorado, and I miss her). We have so much in common and lots and lots to talk about.
So I called and thanked her, for the amazing flowers. She said "The hardest part for me was about 3 months after I lost my baby, and everyone around me had forgotten I had a her. So I wanted to make sure you know that we have not forgotten, and that we love you and wanted to say we were so sorry".
Can you believe that? She is so amazing, it has been really hard for me to get back to normal. I do fill like Sharyn is being forgotten, not on purpose, but everyone is moving on and I am kinda stuck. So it was so nice to have someone understand how I was filling and be so generous and kind to think of my little family.
Thanks again to all those that have shown your support and love to our family, and Thank you Kathy, they are wonderful!Aren't they beautiful?
Austin wanted me to take his picture. Isn't he so dang cute?

9 comments:

Brittanie said...

That brought me to tears. It's been nearly 3 years since I lost my Cora, and I know what you mean by feeling like she's been "forgotten." I feel that way too, especially since I have since had a daughter and am going to deliver a boy soon. But it is so sweet of your aunt to send you those beautiful flowers.

Oh, and your little Sharyn is just so beautiful. (hugs)

Rylie said...

How thoughtful of your Aunt. I have been feeling the exact same way lately, that Preslie is being forgotten. I feel like life stopped 4 months ago, and everyone else is moving on with life. I have not forgotten you or Sharyn. :) We have little angel babies watching over us.

Lots of love,

Rylie

Boualay said...

Shelia, I feel sort of out of place to comment but I wanted you guys to know that I haven't forgotten. I'm glad that you have a network of sisters that truly understands what you are going through. You have such a loving aunt.

April said...

how great for her to remember. Its true isn't it that after a few months, 3 months now too with Harry gone that it seems people forget but we still remember everday. Love you Shelia. What a wonderful aunt and family you have.

Snarky Belle said...

I understand how you are feeling. I am thankful your aunt remembered and acted on her thoughts. I have found that people remember more than I think, but are hesitant to bring it up. I am thinking of you and your sweet daughter. Although I have not met you, I will never forget. ((hugs))

fivepages said...

So sweet !! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. We definetly need to get together. My mom is having a surprise birthday party on 2/21 if you guys are free that night. It will be so much fun! My family knows how to party... and with out all the extras.. I had some chick ask me at work how we have fun when we dont drink.. I told her we do drink... tons of lemonade and rootbeer!!Let me know how things are and five Sharon a hug from me..

fivepages said...

So sweet !! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. We definetly need to get together. My mom is having a surprise birthday party on 2/21 if you guys are free that night. It will be so much fun! My family knows how to party... and with out all the extras.. I had some chick ask me at work how we have fun when we dont drink.. I told her we do drink... tons of lemonade and rootbeer!!Let me know how things are and five Sharon a hug from me..

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

You must be a wonderful person because so many people care about you. The flowers are beautiful (I like that Austin is in the picture). I think of you and April and your sweet babies often.

Sheree said...

I don't know how much people actually forget, but feel too awkward to keep bringing up a painful memory, but truth is you will never forget... and that's the way a mother's love SHOULD be... it just shows that you are, and were a wonderful mother to Sharyn, and the rest of your children, and that no matter how much time you are actually able to spend with them physically, they will always be in your heart and thoughts. :)