Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day was so "Sweet!"

This Valentines day was all about eating and spending Quality time together as a Family. Most years on Valentines day we are in ether Bear Lake, or West Yellowstone snowmobiling. But not this year. We decided that with money being so tight that it would be best to stay home and just enjoy each others company. So that's just what we did. We always have a special dinner for valentines day but we thought it would be fun to do, both dinner and breakfast. We really did have a blast cooking, eating, and playing with each other. I think it was one of my most fun Valentines days. And the kids loved it too! Every Year Grandma Louise gets everyone a new Valentine T-shirt. And this year was no different. It is so hard to find the boys one, so this year Sharon designed one for them. We found this place on the Internet that you can create a custom shirt, and then have it made for you. So since Sharon's degree was in graphic design, why not have her draw something up for the boys. She did a great job.Breakfast was pink (Gluten Free, just for Austin) heart shaped pancakes, and pink milk. Yum!!!
Dinner was heart shaped homemade pizzas, and giant heart shaped cookies, that the kids got to decorate. (And dont worry, Austins pizza and cookies were also gluten free)
And even Grandma Louise and Grandpa Mike joined us for Dinner.
And to end the day on a right note, Grandpa Mike read a bed time story to the kids. We had a great Valentines day!

9 comments:

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

It looks like fun. Was the pizza and cookies gluten free too? I like that the pancakes were pink. The boys' shirts are great. So much talent is in your family.

The Valsy said...

That looks perfect. :) I am happy for you guys. Gluten-free? That sucks. We did it with Seth for a month last year and I thought I might die from the cost and effort.
Val

Call Family said...

How fun! What a cute little family...I'm sure your kids will never forget days like that. They are lucky to have such great parents!

The Airharts said...

Wow, what fun ideas-I have been thinking about how I need to come up with some fun traditions for V-day. These are great! Thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

What a fantastic day!!! Sounds like you all had a blast!!! I love the heart shaped pizza.

Sheree said...

Ah, how cute! You guys are so talented and creative. I'm so jealous! I know, I'll just have to start spending my Valentine's with you guys instead of my own family! He he...

Hatchpatch said...

Sounds like you had a great night with your valentine! We missed you at game night! We actually didn't play any games, we just gabbed!! Glad that you and Dna had fun!

Love you!!
Shawna

April said...

Oh my gosh those shirts rock. I can't believe you guys made them. And what fun traditions. I love traditions. Thanks for coming with me last night. It was good, although when I got home I bawled and vented to Trent for a few hours. I needed a good cry I guess.

Rylie said...

What a fun Valentines day! Such fun heart foods!