Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hurry up and "Wait!"

Hurry up and Wait! That was the theme for last night.
Dan and I decided to go out, for Valentines. (I told you I was going to ask Dan take me to Dinner) Sharon volunteer to take the kids so we could go out. Sharon you rock! Thank you so much for all you do, for our family.
I picked Dan up at about 5:30 pm, from work (He works at the airport, in security) and decided to stay in Salt lake for dinner. We went to the Cheesecake Factory, YUM! (Not a smart Idea, the Night before Valentines day, and Friday night) and of course it was crowded. We tried to get there at a decent time so the crowds weren't so bad. I told Dan to be prepared to wait for an hour or so, and not to get to anxious. I really wanted to go there for dinner, so he agreed to Wait. We went in and asked to be put on the list. The lady behind the counter told us not to come back for at least an hour 1/2 and THEN they would give us the little light up thing. "What? How long is the wait?" "About 3 hours" Holly crap! are you kidding? I was so so bummed out. Here we decided to drive clear out to Murry to have dinner, and you tell us we can't even eat until 9:30 Pm! Of course there was no way we were going to wait that long. So we decided to walk around the mall and figure out what we wanted to do instead. Dan insisted we go back and see if we could get in any earlier. (How sweet. He knew I really had looked forward to eating there) We had a movie in Ogden at 10:10 pm so we had to be done with dinner around 9:00 pm. We decided to go back and ask if there was any way we could get in any sooner. They told us it was first come first serve so we just had to wait. Here is that dreaded word again "WAIT!"
I was just about to give up when the waitress said "You can wait here for a bar table, and just sit at it when one comes available. Great! so we sat in line, for the bar tables. The couple in front of us just sat at the bar table, so they gave us there light up thing (I don't know what else to call it. But you know what I'm talking about, right?) and said they only had about 20 minuets to be seated. " how nice!" They said just to tell the waitress, when there table comes avalable, that our name is "Wait." (How ironic!)
Anyway we were thrilled. We had already been there for about 40 min and was very ready to eat. So we waited and waited and waited, and then decided to ask how much longer. Of course it was NOT 20 Min's longer, but 1 hour until the "Wait's" were seated. Ugh! it was 7:45 and we weren't any closer to eating, so we waited in line for the bar tables again. finely at about 8:00 pm there was a seat available. FINELY! We were finely going to eat, and we were starving. Dinner was great, and defiantly worth the wait, and wait, and wait! We had a nice dinner and ended the night with a movie. It was fun even though we hurried up to wait! LOL:) I'm sure there was no correlation with the fact that it was Friday the 13th! Hum?

2 comments:

Rylie said...

I LOVE Cheesecake Factory! Everytime we go to Utah we always have to go! I get so frustrated when the wait is so long. I am glad to hear you got in a little bit earlier than 9:30pm. Hope you are doing well. Happy Valentines Day!

Mary said...

Glad you finally got dinner!! I loathe waiting...