Thursday, December 11, 2008

A little angle

The other day I got a phone call I did not expect. It was a good friend I had not talked to for a while. Ryan sang so beautifully "I am a child of God" at Sharyns funeral, and I had not talked to him in a long time before that. He called and said he had something to bring to us. I was not home but Dan got to visit with him for awhile. He had brought a gift that his Friend from school had given him, to give to me. The card read...
Sheila,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter, Sharyn. I too have lost a child, a son, Everett at 30 weeks. I have an angel that I wear to remind me that he is always with me. I wanted to give you this angel so that you may know that Sharyn will always be with you.
-fellow mother of an Angel- Brooke
I can't believe how nice she was, to gave a complete stranger such a wonderful gift. I defiantly love the necklace charm, it is so beautiful.
I Just want every one to know how much your love and support has really helped us. The phone calls, and the gifts, the time spent with me so I don't have to spend the day alone, the dinners so I don't have to think about cooking, the offers to watch Austin, taking me Christmas shopping so I can get out of the house, and just coming over to talk. I just can't express the love I have for all of you. Before this had happened to our family, I really did not know how much people cared about us. But now I feel that out of this darkness something good has come from all this, and it is knowing the love that surrounds us. And knowing the blessings we really do have in our lives. That Heavenly Father is really watching over us and he is taking care of our family. He is also surrounding us with such wonderful people. We have really felt the love and support of a wonderful family. We also have so many good friends that we love, that makes moments like this bearable, and life sweeter. And I know that our baby Sharyn is very happy to see our family surrounded with so much love. Thank you all so much, for all your prayers, loving gifts and support. And thank you for making this Christmas season special, even if we are sad right now, and I cry all the time, we will still be able to look back and feel like this Christmas turned out wonderful.

2 comments:

Charlotte Varble said...

That is so sweet! Thank you for sharing. We love you!

P.S. We are here in Utah to stay for now. Long story. We should get together again sometime soon.

April said...

I am so glad you have such good family and friends around to help. Isn't it amazing all the people that serve? I hope you are doing well. As soon as I am settled in our house and the craziness have settled we should get together and chat.