Saturday, January 31, 2009

Girls day out!

Today was an interesting, but a fun day. My Mom and I went with Sharon (my twin sister) down to Murry, to have her eyes looked at for a possible lasik eye surgery. We thought since we were in Murry, we would try making a girls day out of it. So we thought it would be fun to go to lunch and pick out my mom's granite (for her new kitchen remodel) while we were there. Any way it took forever for them to finely see her (even though she had an appointment), finely when they were done they told her they could schedule her to have surgery today. So she thought why wait, today would be great. But we still had time for lunch before her surgery. We decided to go the the Cheesecake factory. Yum! I have never been there and it was so so good. ( I will probably take Dan there for Valentines Day)
Here is Sharon with her glasses for the last time. We went back after lunch, and her surgery only took about 10 minute. (I am so jealous) She said it was not that bad. (Here she is after we got home with some guards on her eyes so she dose not rub them) We still wanted to do our original plan to go pick out the granite, but by the time we got there it was closed. O well! Maybe next time.
So we started out to just have a girls day out and ended up sitting in a doc. office all day, and going to lunch. Better luck next time.
Even though Sharon is exited to have new eyes, (right now it still hurts, but by Monday she will be filling better and have no glasses, Lucky duck!) It was still a nice day out with the girls.

(Off the subject) Here is my dog Zero, with his new hair cut. Isn't he so much cuter?:)

5 comments:

Mary said...

At least you got a day with the girls!! Your doggy looks adorable!!

The Airharts said...

Sheila and Dan, I am so sorry about your beautiful baby . I can not imagine what that must have been like for you. I had a miscarrige befor my little boy , I was only a few weeks out of my first Trimester( I know thats hardly comparable), but I felt the same way you did about not getting excited or ready for the baby. I had a "off" feeling about it the whole time, I really agree with you that it's Heavenly Fathers way of preparing you a little. Not to say that it makes it any easier! I love the Family picture! Anyway, I'm happy to find your blog. Send me your email address and I will get you an invite to see mine (missyairhart@hotmail.com).

Hatchpatch said...

Sheila-
That's so cool!! I LOVE the new blog page. I finally got my blog going. It's sshatchpatch.blogspot.com so you can see how plain I am and that you take pitty on me and help me out to be cute and fun like yours! :) Hope Sharon is feeling better! Sorry we bailed Friday! Sean was out cold,not feeling good when I got home from work, so I didn't want to pack Brody to W & S, so I bagged it!
Love you tons!!
Shawna

The Sjoblom Family said...

Cheesecake Factory is one of my all time favorites. Before we had one, I would have to wait until we would go to St. George and I would make time to drive to Las Vegas....just to eat there. Yes I seriously have an obsession with good food. Sound like a fun day. I bet she is glad to have the surgery done and not have to go down there again. That was convienient. PS your dog is cute.

April said...

Oh so jealous of her lasix. I want it so bad. I hope she loves it. Your next.
And the cheesecake factory, never been but looks so good.